How to Identify Natural Blue Sapphire Gemstone?
Natural sapphires carry within them clear signs of slow crystallization. Sometimes some of the external elements remain preserved in the gem which helps its identification.
Like all other precious gems, it should have inclusions which should be visible to the naked eye or under magnification. Otherwise, it’s a piece of glass or a synthetic substance.
Synthetic Sapphires are very common in the market and many traders in order to earn fast money sell them as originals.
These are very clear and under magnification show bubble-like inclusions. Sometimes feather like inclusions have also seen but they shine abnormally under the light.
Types of Blue Sapphire Gemstone
1. Indranil – It is dark Blue in color and resembles the color of the neck of the peacock.
2. Jalnil – It is on the boundaries and light in the center.
- Synthetic Sapphires are very common in the market and many traders in order to earn money fast sell them as originals.
- Natural Sapphires carry within clear signs of slow crystallization.
- Some of the external elements sometimes remain preserved in the gem which helps in its identification. Otherwise, it is a piece of glass.